Wednesday

The Boodhoo Lounge session pt1

I love looking at old photographs of musicians and actors, taken on tour or backstage and capturing moments that you'd never get to see otherwise. Letting you into what is usually a very private space and somewhere where the artists can relax and be themselves. I'm always jealous of the photographer - the person who gets to be there, backstage, on the bus, where the real stuff happens. Not just a spectator looking at a stage from an enforced distance.

Last night I got to be that photographer – an insider. Thanks to my friend Kalpana, I got to sit in on the inaugural 'Boodhoo* Lounge**' session with number 1 selling artists Nizlopi (yes, they did the JCB song but for those of you who don't know anything more by them check out their website or myspace). I took some photos and chatted to John and Luke and the radio crew from the Asian Network who were there to record the session and they all made me feel like I was part of that inner circle.

Apart fromthe Nizlopi boys' incredible talent and quick sense of humour, what struck me most about them was the amount they smiled and laughed throughout the whole session and even in the pub afterwards.

The tour starts on the 3rd of September (my birthday) and the album's out the next day. Check them both out if you can, you won't be disappointed.

*Kal's last name
** well, Kitchen as it turns out – much better accoustically

6 Comments:

Anonymous Serge said...

If Jamie Cullum can make it, or Del Amitri could, I'm sure Nizlopi will too! I'm not sure about the band name though, but hey: I'm sure U2 sounded ridiculous the first time anyone heard it too, right? One question though: what's this JCB-thing about? Or what have I missed?

6:45 pm  
Anonymous Kalpana said...

I am still on cloud 9. I cannot believe one of my favourite bands performed in my living room. I think I went through every possible emotion last night. but what topped the night off was sharing it with some of my closest friends.

Serge - The name Nizlopi is the surname of a Hungarian girl that Luke the lead singer first loved and the JCB Song is a cute tale of a boy (Luke) who was bullied at school but used to ride with is Dad on his JCB and forget about all his troubles at school. Google the animated video for the song because it's amazing

Sam - you're a star - thanks for caputuring the night so beatifully.

Boodhoo Lounge Sessions part 2....here we come.....

9:50 pm  
Blogger Madeleine said...

what a great name he has!!
being behind the scenes is such a buzz isn't it? being on the inside for a change.
reminds me of all those years being the wife of a muso...some great times had.

sounds like you had a wicked time.
i might just have to check them out.

12:29 am  
Blogger Pub said...

Serge - they scored a number one hit with the JCB song last year so hopefully they're already well on track. I'd definitely recommend following Kalpana's advice and seeking out the animation for the video, it's very good.

Kal - Glad you liked the pics. Thanks for inviting me. I can't wait for parts 2, 3, 4 ...

Mads - I bet you've got some stories to tell. Will we be seeing any of them on Meplus3?

8:17 am  
Blogger rachel said...

I remember the JCB song, outrageous. Sounds like a great night, you lucky one to get on the inside

11:30 pm  
Anonymous Serge said...

Meanwhile, I have taken a look: you're right - the film is great. And so is the song. If they ever need a gig in Belgium, I know the guy who coordinates the Clubcircuit personally. Now that I think of it: perhaps I should try and get free tickets more often ... :-)

8:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home