Monday

BBC before Breakfast

Sunday morning, picture the scene: too early for much activity on the street apart from the odd early riser walking to the shop to get the papers. A black cab waits outside Castle Smith, diesel engine thrumming. Yours truly, unshaven and casually attired, sneaks out of the house as quietly as possible; taking care to not bang the awkward front door and wake the Monkey slumbering upstairs.

No, I wasn't up to no good (shame on you for thinking that), I was heading off to the BBC's Birmingham base at the Mailbox to give an interview about blogs and bloggers; the third I've done for them in 2 weeks. You can listen to what I sound like early on a Sunday morning here, by choosing the 'listen again' (sunday) option. I think I was on about an hour into the show.

Keeping on the Asian theme, I called into the Desi Sweet centre on the way home and woke the Monkey up with mango kulfi for breakfast. Quick radio interview before an ice cream breakfast: who says the life of a blogger isn't rock and roll?

9 Comments:

Blogger rachel said...

oh my god, i know someone famous, couldn't get the audio to work but am allocating the whole of my tuesday night to fixing it and hearing your dulcet tones.

11:47 pm  
Anonymous Monkey said...

Check-out my new media expert :o) Great interview, shall being showing it off to everyone. Very proud of you Freddie-boy xx

2:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

3:50 am  
Blogger sarjarunkkaaja said...

Made plenty of discoveries:

- I didn't know that there was a "bbc asia radiostation".

- I did not know Sam was a celebrity ;-)

- also noticed sam gave us the wrong url in the interview and there actually is a publicspaces.blogspot.com ;-)

Greetz

9:52 am  
Blogger Pub said...

Well spotted Piet. Goes to show I'm useless at self promotion.

Am planning on building up a non-blogger site/blog in the next few months. Will redirect from here and hopefully will keep both updated automatically for a while. Hope I can remember that URL

10:55 am  
Blogger Madeleine said...

and i thought most of us bloggers were spotty, pale faced geeks. i guess not.
so from behind the scenes at rock concerts to inerviews at the BBC....you rock!!

ps can i gatecrash next time?

10:30 pm  
Anonymous Serge said...

Ok, it's not TV yet, but it's coming really close! ;-) No, seriously: jolly nice show, old chap! (which is the most cliché English phrase I can think of at the moment). If they ever need a Belgian interviewee in the show... :-) Then again: how early in the morning is early in the morning for this show?

12:56 pm  
Blogger Broady said...

Great interview... I'm going to have to pore through your archives over the next week.

but what is mango kulfi??

1:16 pm  
Blogger Pub said...

Thanks Broady - feel free to rummage through the archives as much as you like. I'll even get round to posting this week if I ever get my inspiration/mojo kickstarted.

PS - mango kulfi is a type of Indian ice cream. Delicious!

3:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home