Wednesday

Riders on the storm

First off, I'm not complaining about the weather. Far from it. There were times this year when I thought winter was never going to end. I love it when it's hot like this. As soon as I'm back from work I'm in shorts and flip flops; straight into the garden with all the windows open in my house.

The sunshine makes everyone look prettier, act happier and we all know that it's easier to get up for work when it's not pitch dark outside. But today I am suffering. Yesterday I suffered worse. The build up of pressure and muggy atmosphere are prime migraine conditions. 'My head hurts' does not describe it. I can't see properly, I feel sick and it really does hurt.

There's definitely a storm coming. As soon as the weather breaks I will start to feel better. What with my busted bones and old man's joints, I've become a finely tuned weather station. I can tell you when it's going to rain and snow and when there's a storm brewing. I just wish this one would hurry up and brew.

8 Comments:

Blogger Mad Woman said...

Sorry pub, I like to share things with you but unfortunately had no choice in sharing the migraine gene with you and Lala. For people who have never suffered the nausea, flashing lights, dizziness, and megga beatbox that takes part just over one eye they just have no idea. You can't describe it really and usually end us sounding as if your whinging (no you personally) but to say you have a bad head is probably the understatement of the year. My only remedy is to go home as soon as one starts getting the better of you, go to bed in a darkened room, turn all phones off and SLEEP. Hopefully when you wake up it's gone. MW

3:13 pm  
Blogger Mad Woman said...

Sorry pub, just read that and sounds rubbish but the 't' on my keyboard is sticking - will have to do something about this.

3:15 pm  
Blogger Pub said...

MW - You'll have to stop spitting your chewing gum out when you're swearing at the screen

4:14 pm  
Anonymous Serge said...

Sorry to hear the heat is getting to you. Mind you: I'm not a big fan of the heat myself. As soon as temperatures go over 25°C, I've more or less had it and hide as much as I can. Part of the problem is I don't sweat that much. I'v been told I'd feel a lot better if I could work up a sweat. All suggetions on how to start sweating without working your butt off are welcome...

5:44 pm  
Blogger rachel said...

The hotter the better but sorry you're suffering.
You got your wish, today was crap, frizzy hair all day due to the rain.
The joys of the English weather!!

As an alternative,drink loads of wine!

12:57 am  
Blogger deetour said...

Yeah, I live in Phoenix, Arizona. 110 degrees is considered a cooler day. *eyes rolling* You simply MUST come for a visit!

5:32 am  
Blogger doc-t said...

How close is the gym? Can you rent a permanent locker at the gym and leave your clothes there.

how much space do you have at work? Is there a shower there?

steal the clothes off of someone of similar size at the office?

have the dress code changed to fit your lifestyle. Make sweat and comfortable clothes madatory.

Doesn't Rachel live near you? Get a rickshaw and have her pull you to and from work. I think I like this idea best.

7:17 pm  
Blogger Pub said...

Much as I like that idea Doc (I can see myself arriving at the office on a rickshaw - it's very me), I think I might have a bit of a problem convincing Rachel to do the 400 mile round trip from her house to mine and back each day to be my rickshaw girl. I'll have to see if I can find a local recruit

10:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home