Wednesday

mobile phone menage a trois

Sometimes I think the gadgets I own and use are more intelligent than they're letting on. Continuing the 'new' theme (new house, new job) I've been knocking off those little jobs that have been on my list for ages and at the weekend I finally got around to getting myself a new phone tariff.

My smugness at (theoretically) saving myself money and netting myself free wireless broadband and a shiny new phone into the bargain was short lived though when my 'old' phone decided demonstrate a hitherto unseen sulkiness that I'm pretty sure was not advertised in the spec. K750i caught sight of me unwrapping the shiny new W810i and charging her up and has decided to give me the cold shoulder.


She won't start up (barely a blip of recognition, despite loving attempts to turn her on) and she's withholding privileges. Well, numbers at least. I've got the pictures, mp3s and numbers that were saved to my SIM card but she's withholding the rest and nothing I can say or do will persuade her to give them back. What's worse, she's got all my task lists and reminders ferreted away somewhere too.

After a long day at work, God help us when AI means that our phones are more intelligent than us and have the personality to back it up.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Serge said...

Believe me: in many cases phones already àre smarter than their owners... :-)

8:57 pm  
Blogger rachel said...

you could try giving her a little tender loving care, maybe cuddle up next to her on the sofa and gently caress her screen and shiny buttons. She might put out then!
I think I may be talking about something completely different so it would appear

6:17 pm  
Blogger rachel said...

Ok this is serious - where the hell have you gone? Are you still alive?

11:12 pm  
Anonymous Lump said...

should I be concerned?

1:41 pm  
Blogger Pub said...

@ lump: Not unless you're hiding my address book contacts from me

@ rachel: Still alive, just not online at home and work's too busy to blog quite as much as usual

2:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home