Thursday

Today is ...

Today is important for 3 reasons:
  • It is my Grandad's birthday (happy birthday Grandad)
  • It is the only time of year I get away with using my terrible 'May the 4th be with you' pun
  • It is local election day, with 4,000 English council seats up for grabs

After a particularly bad week last week and a gloomy forecast for today's polls Tony Blair and co can hardly be pleased about initiatives like this. Tactical voting has more and more been seen as an option in British elections where voters want to oust the current government but see little differences in their choices between the main 3 parties. To their credit, SVL are urging people to reconsider their strategic vote in areas where there is a possibility that it could let in right wing parties like the BNP but there is always a danger that by voting tactically rather than positively you end up with a candidate who is no better than the one you voted out.

After trying hard to listen to/decipher the policies of the main candidates for my area, I'm none the wiser. I hate not voting but they're not making it easy.

3 Comments:

Blogger sarjarunkkaaja said...

"May the 4th be with you" ... :p :p Thank God it is only once the 4th of May a year.

Reminds me that Chewbacca has his own blog as well :-)

http://rrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnhhhh.blogspot.com/

8:00 am  
Blogger deetour said...

I can't believe I never used that line. Can't WAIT for next year!

2:49 pm  
Blogger elizabeth said...

May the 4th be with you. *groan*
(btw - nice blog)

12:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home