Thursday

Big Bully

After jumping on the 'blogging about Eurovision' bandwagon earlier this week, I've abandoned all sense of originality and am going to post my first and last post on the phenomenon that is Big Brother.

I'll make no comment on individuals (I don't know any of the contestant's names), Channel 4/Endemol's exploitation of mental illness for entertainment or the fact that due to a combination of the terrible weather and Big Brother/World Cup fever, I'm expecting the streets to be deserted for most of June and July.

I saw 20 minutes of this year's Big Brother this morning as I was getting ready for work and was appalled. 13 'adults' ganging up on 1 seemingly unstable man in a disgusting display of playground bullying in the name of entertainment. Any kind of bullying is unacceptable and the Big Brother execs/Channel 4/the viewers should be ashamed of themselves for encouraging and promoting it.

Tags: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous wodge said...

It was a pretty disqraceful display! New lows for BB.

1:08 pm  
Blogger rachel said...

I didn't see it but heard about it from the builders at work. Haven't watched BB as it went seriously downhill after Brian, the gay air steward, Bubble, welsh plate of crazy Helen etc. That was the best entertainment, as it was entertainment and not some sideshow exploiting people's disabilities. I'm sure there is an edge to this one and a hidden scam which will be revealed.
To be honest, I would rather spend the evenings when I'm forced to stay in due to no sitters for my honeys, blogging you lot.
Much more fun and informative, last night learnt about the best way to give a B.J. and how republican politics shapes the thought process of middle America. Bingo I say.
Rachh

4:55 pm  
Blogger Triin said...

For me it has never been an entertainment. Well I've only seen it once at 4 am when all of them were sleeping, so no bullying occured.

Anyway, I think only people who can't entertain themselves on internet must watch it. Especially 4am! Well, that was my reason more or less, had no internet-connected computer.

10:28 pm  
Blogger M said...

Hmmm. Paralell Big Brother blogging. Not sure what to think about this...but I still stand by my no-shame-claim. If you display yourself for public scrutiny, I, for one, will do my part to make sure you are not disappointed.

5:02 pm  
Blogger Pub said...

I suppose if you put yourself in that circus you've got to know what you're letting yourself in for. Maybe it will raise the profile/understanding of Tourettes through our gawking.

It's just the bullying issue I have a problem with, I really, really can't stand bullies

8:45 am  
Blogger rachel said...

WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU GONE?????????

11:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home