Tuesday

Made you look, made you stare ...

I'm sure I've missed the boat on the whole blog about the Strumpette debacle. The blogosphere is ringing with posts and comments about how she's managed to create a lot of attention and hype over a blog that has generated almost 50 comments from its first post and how she may not even be a she.

For once I'm going to jump on the bandwagon/add my two penny's worth. I don't think I'm in danger of creating huge amounts of traffic to this blog by posting about a 'hot topic' because I think I've already missed the boat here and Amanda Chapel and her 'Ghoulish Office Pool Spreads' will soon be yesterday's news unless she follows up with content that continues to be controversial and entertaining enough to sustain a level of interest in her or she comes out as a male PR professional/blogger who has just pulled a very effective 'made you look' stunt.

'Amanda's' biography lists her as having "15 plus years experience in marketing communications" as well as a BA degree in Economics from Columbia and two semesters worth of a law degree at Dartmouth. 3 years college to get a BA + 2/3 of a year at Dartmouth + 15 plus years makes her (by my calculations) 36, at least. The black and white image atop her blog (above) shows a seductive, naked brunette wrapped in rumpled bed linen making come to bed eyes at her readers. Now if this is Ms Chapel (and no offence meant to any 35+ year olds out there but if it is she's in good nick), she's chosen this image carefully (I hesitate to say wisely) to compliment the blatant sexual references in her biography that are causing such a fuss.


Reading back through Andrea's post on bloggers' headshots perhaps I should rethink the image on my profile in favour of a semi-naked, traffic driving shot? Or perhaps not.


Tags: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger deetour said...

Hey! Some 35 yr olds are HOT! ;)

3:40 pm  
Anonymous Andrea Weckerle said...

Sam,

Purely "traffic driving" shots are too easy (no pun intended) and unoriginal.

3:45 pm  
Blogger Serge said...

My advice: clear and simple: not! ;-)

4:51 pm  
Blogger Kami Huyse, APR said...

I like your picture, keep it! Hi serge.

4:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home