Monday

Hur hur, you said boobs

"[the web] is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Possibly an overused (and often misquoted) piece of Shakespeare but I'm sure you'll forgive me that and me making the tenuous link to the web. But I'm sure you'll agree, that whether it's the blogosphere or the web as a whole, there exists a vast amount of content of varying degrees of quality, presented in a myriad of forms (some good, some great, some awful). And it's getting bigger every day.

Sites like Flikr, Technorati and Del.icio.us that have adopted (and developed) tagging are making the web a lot friendlier and easier to use. There are a million different ways tags can be used to search for content. And the more we use them, the better it's going to get. But there will always be someone searching for 'boobs'.

Pictures on my flickr site usually get a few views and comments. Some of them get more than others but come on, 447 views in 2 days just from a single tag?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Serge said...

I confess: I was one of those 447. But on the other hand: I am not a taggist, tagger, taggart, tag-follower, tag-user, tag whatever... Thanks for the tip, though! ;-D

5:03 pm  
Blogger Stoopidgirl said...

The boob tag works amazingly. I think I may be guilty of using it. It's the whole "skin for pageviews" thing. Works everytime. As for the writing on my arm (can't remember if I responded to your comment yet) It was eyeliner, which for some dumb reason I thought would be easier to get off then magic marker...well it was water proof so I was sorely wrong. Guess I'm just good at writing on odd things, it kind of curves off my arm so I had to twist a little for the shot. off to check out your flickr

2:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home