Tuesday

*cough* I can't come in today because...

According to Tim Dowling (via the Back Page of today's Guardian G2 section), the results of 'a survey' have concluded that yesterday/the first Monday in February, is 'the most popular day of the year ... for being off sick when there isn't anything wrong with you'.

Walking into work yesterday it definitely seemed quieter than usual on the roads and on campus. Perhaps the school traffic had been affected by the influenza B outbreak (the monkey was affected/infected and we are still running on a skeleton staff at work). I'd say next year's survey results might be a bit skewed with plenty of people off for genuine reasons.

Get well soon. I don't want your germs.

4 Comments:

Blogger yep, it's me.... said...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1703827,00.html

12:13 pm  
Blogger Pub said...

Cheers Velma

12:44 pm  
Anonymous Serge said...

I am not sure if it's influenza B, but I sure feel like I am dying right now. Well, my wife says it's a common cold and that it's typical of men they exaggerate when all they have is a runny nose. Why can't she just 'play along' for once...

7:55 pm  
Blogger Pub said...

Hold on, I'll see if I can dig out the medical information on 'man flu' - much more virulent than the hyped bird-flu and very selective in only affecting 50% of the population. They'll never get it

9:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home