Wednesday

Blog on tour

While the ibook is in the ihospital, i (stop it) sorry I will be posting wherever and whenever I can. Today's post is brought to you, courtesy of the letter i, from my desk in sunny, frosty Edgbaston.

I've suddenly realised the benefits of an online RSS feed aggregator. I'd been using a desktop based application on my laptop and as my laptop went everywhere with me, there didn't seem much need to subscribe to an online version. Foolish boy. Fortunately I have most of the blogs I'm used to perusing at the click of an icon saved in my favourites on this machine so I'm going to spend the morning adding them to my sparkling new online feed service.

For those of you interested in British politics,
Nick Robinson's new blog on BBC online looks like it could provide some well-written insight into the machinations of the British political game with a dash of that snippy British humour the world 'loves' us for. Nice opening gambit about blogging giving him the opportunity to 'change the relationship between author and reader' noting that 'the politicians themselves are in on the game too - as my colleague Alan Connor argues in this article, a good weblog can also change the relationship between politician and voter.'

He also makes a interesting comparison between the traditional broadcasting format and the relative newcomer; blogging. As the broadcast media struggles to find ever more ways to fit itself into the new interactive mould, the blog is achieving this with relative simplicity. With the advent of podcating and video podcasting, the boundaries between traditional broadcast and new media look set to interestingly blur over the next few years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home